Customer Success Manager
Seeking a customer success manager who lights up the room.
We’re brewing something exciting here at Verblio, a content creation platform powered by a one-of-a-kind network of over 3,000 professional writers that empowers growing businesses to create quality content, at scale, in every niche.
Great content fuels customer acquisition and retention for the fastest-growing businesses today. That content takes time, resources, and talent. Without it, many companies simply can’t compete. That’s where we come in.
We’re in full-tilt growth mode with grandiose plans for world domination (the friendly kind) that show no signs of slowing down. We’re looking for an enthusiastic, flexible, creative customer success manager to help us fulfill that vision.
Behind our SaaS platform and marketplace is a team of energetic, eclectic startup junkies who love working hard together and are proud of our amazing brand and transparent, collaborative culture. We believe in doing good and fueling growth for our writers and our customers.
What you’ll do at Verblio
The customer success team at Verblio is adding another CSM to help us fulfill our brand promise of being the friendliest content creation platform in the biz. As our business grows and as our strategic and key account base expands, we’re looking to provide customers with more 1:1 support to ensure Verblio is helping them meet their content goals and having one heck of a fun time doing it.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the daily business impact and success of our most important customers through hands-on management of their Verblio account and slick ninja moves on the back end to guarantee they have every advantage in our marketplace from the best writers to flawless article briefs.
- Collaborating closely with our Strategic Account Management team to meet revenue expansion goals for your accounts through implementation of standard client offers.
- Standardizing our approach to customer success (still in its infancy) through projects related to onboarding, customer health monitoring, and retention and growth opportunities.
- Owning the operational delivery of content by ensuring your customers have clear article briefs, curating pools of well-matched writers, managing content deadlines, and working with your clients to help their writers improve through clear, actionable feedback.
- Meeting regularly with your accounts to dig into their experience and where you can help.
- Balancing the ability to be scrappy and solve any problem with what’s onhand with the ability to zoom out and working with our product team to design a platform solution that can solve this problem at scale.
A little bit about you
- 2-5 years of customer success experience.
- Experience working with product, marketing, and sales teams.
- A strong foundation in content marketing/SEO/inbound marketing.
- Ability to go beyond today and put the pieces together in real-time to spot trends, rally teams around a future state, and identify opportunities for new strategy work and growth.
- A gift for the gab. Your gas tank is filled by awesome interactions with clients, writers, and Verblions.
- Is glad they are not a cat. Curiosity is the name of the game. Walt Whitman (and Ted Lasso) said to “be curious, not judgmental.” Even with all the information you think you have, you don’t have all the information. Ask questions--ask them all the time.
- Compulsively seizes opportunities to experiment with and improve everything they touch.
- Is a gifted writer and editor.
- Has a healthy dose of whimsy, adventurousness, and ra-ra team spirit.
- Zeal for working with a kick-ass team hell-bent on having a great time, enjoying the quirkiness of our users, and overdelivering (because it’s the right thing to do).
You’ll love working at Verblio because of our:
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Stylish sock options
- Health, dental & vision insurance with a generous monthly company contribution.
- Family-friendly benefits, including generous parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability.
- Unbeatable paid time off and holidays.
- Pandemic Last Fridays Off.
- Truly awesome team of people - we don’t have needless meetings, don’t tolerate egos, and genuinely like each other. It’s awesome.
- Vibrant company culture. We’re smart, welcoming, creative, and engaged in our jobs. We have a low turnover rate because people love working here. We’re looking for someone who wants to be a part of that.
- Did we mention we’re growing like mad? It’s way more fun to be on a rocketship than riding in circles on a model train set. (No disrespect to model train enthusiasts.) We made the Inc 5000 list for the second year in a row, won our sixth Mercury 100 award as one of the fastest-growing companies in the Boulder Valley, and just made the Colorado Companies to Watch list.
- Some day when we can safely co-locate again, we’ve got in-person perks like free food & drink, fun events, a hip centrally-located Denver office, a free RTD Eco-pass, etc… Some day. But we’re cool with remote folks too. :)
- Have you read the website? That’ll give you a good idea of our energy.
- This position pays $50,000-$55,000 commensurate with experience.
How to apply:
Please apply with your resume, cover letter, LinkedIn profile link, and a few sentences on which bullet in the ‘A little bit about you’ section most resonated with you and why to show you went deep into this job description and why it speaks to you.
We’re headquartered in Denver, CO (though this position can be remote!).
Your application has been successfully submitted.