Senior Account Manager, Content Marketing 📺
Stacker is a data-driven newsroom creating and distributing engaging, research-based journalism to thousands of news outlets across the country. Stacker focuses on storytelling through data, using authoritative research and expert analysis to contextualize the news. As more and more companies look to invest in content, our Studio offers a turn-key content marketing solution for brands and marketers, natively producing and distributing unique, newsworthy stories on their behalf. Today, Stacker stories are read by millions of users each month, both on Stacker.com and our growing syndication network of world-class news outlets, including Newsweek, MSN, Hearst, Tribune Publishing, and Lee Enterprises. Our business is growing rapidly, and we're looking for experienced team members to help scale Stacker's newsroom operations and products.
Stacker is seeking an experienced account manager to oversee Stacker Studio clients and help build out the customer success organization. As a member of the account management team, you’ll report to the VP of Partnerships and be directly responsible for client onboarding, campaign execution, reporting, and retention. You’ll own account relationships, communicating regularly with clients, and actively managing day to day operations for content campaigns. You’ll oversee end-to-end campaign execution, including headline ideation, story production, and impact analysis for clients, working cross functionally with in-house Research and Editorial teams. You’ll be responsible for analyzing results for content campaigns and communicating campaign performance to clients. The ideal candidate has experience working in Account Management in an agency and a comprehensive understanding of content marketing strategies.
We’re seeking someone passionate about Account Management and content marketing with the ability to execute as an individual contributor and drive strategy as a founding member of the team. This is a unique opportunity to join on the ground floor of a high growth business unit and have an integral impact on the success of the company.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Enterprise account management for customers, overseeing all post sale activity, including client onboarding, story research, content development, asset delivery, and campaign reporting
- Act as a main point of contact and manage all communications between select accounts and internal teams
- Outline and execute content audits for newly onboarded clients, using keyword tools and competitor analyses to identify opportunities to build a holistic content marketing strategy
- Utilize reporting tools (e.g., SEMrush, Ahrefs, Google Analytics, Search Console) to analyze campaign performance and communicate SEO impact to clients
- Provide high-level SEO recommendations to clients to improve campaign performance and exceed target tools
- Optimize for client retention and proactively identify opportunities to upsell and grow book of business
- 5+ years working in an account management, digital strategist, content marketing or SEO specialist role
- Working knowledge of content SEO fundamentals, content marketing, and link-building strategies
- Strong relationship manager with the ability to independently own client day to day and account planning execution
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Proactive self starter with an innate sense of accountability
- Expert prioritization skills; ability to manage competing tasks with ease
- Detail oriented with an analytical mindset
- Passionate about digital media/content marketing or journalism
- Competitive Base + Commission
- Fully Remote Team
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k Matching
- Weekly Meal Expense
- Yearly Education Stipend
- Full Health & Dental Coverage
- Awesome team culture!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Making data journalism accessible