B2B Content Marketer
Philadelphia, PA, USA Remote
Scribewise, a brand dialogue agency, is hiring a Senior Account Executive, Content Marketing. This is a content creation, content strategy and account management role. You can read the full job description below.
Watch our interview with founder John Miller here:
This is a great opportunity for an early to mid-career content marketer to grow quickly. Agencies tend to be great places to hone existing skills and develop new ones because (1) you get exposure to lots of different clients and (2) you're surrounded by other content folks. It's a rich environment for learning.
There are a few things that really stand out about this job:
- You'll split your time between content creation, content strategy, and client account management. This means you are thinking about the full spectrum of content—who it's for, how it'll get there, why it's being created and who's paying for it. Content never happens in a vacuum, so exposure to the full spectrum is really valuable experience.
- You'll edit and be edited. Scribewise's peer editing workflow means that you'll get feedback from lots of different people. It also means that you'll be editing. In my experience, editing other people's work is a great way to improve your own writing.
- You'll work for a company that cares about its employees. Scribewise offers legitimate benefits like health insurance and professional development. Every employee gets access to a career coach and several Scribewise team members are part of Superpath Pro. As John says, "foosball does not equal culture." The company used to have an office but employees are enjoying remote work and may embrace coworking stipends in the future.
If you're interested, you can apply below. The form will take just a few minutes to complete, but please put your best foot forward by showing us solid writing samples and helping us get to know you a little. Questions? Email me at email@example.com or DM me in our Slack community.
"One of the most refreshing things about Scribewise is that it practices what it preaches. Leadership invests in employees’ success, whether that means facilitating educational opportunities or simply listening to our feedback or concerns with an open mind. I’ve felt fully supported by the team since day one, which has helped me hone my writing skills and strengthen my overall confidence as a content marketer."
—Lindsay, Associate Director, Content Marketing @ Scribewise
Here's the job description from Scribewise:
If you consider yourself a jargon slayer who can write circles around those other guys, if you are at least slightly obsessed with the latest marketing trends, and if you have an aversion to agencies who believe Culture = Foosball, Scribewise might be the place for your career to flourish.
We’re on the hunt for B2B content marketer who brings:
- Outstanding writing ability in complex B2B industries, particularly insurance and/or SaaS. If you don’t have experience in these industries, save yourself the time.
- Proven success in content writing, journalism and/or social media.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in content development, media relations or social media management.
- The ability to be self-managing, well-organized and do hands-on work with minimal supervision.
- A willingness and ability to participate in strategic discussions, both internally and with clients.
- A sense of humor.
Responsibilities may include:
- Content creation, particularly in the insurance or SaaS industries. This includes the ability to develop and manage an editorial calendar and create significant volumes of written content.
- Participation in strategy development for clients.
- Media relations across multiple industry verticals, pitching content and stories to vertical trade industry media and mainstream business press. This includes the ability to develop news hooks.
- Participation in agency marketing efforts.
Scribewise is a brand dialogue agency. What does that mean?
It means the words come first. We believe you can’t have great marketing without great stories, and that means everyone who works here must be able to write. Eloquently. Concisely. And, well, quickly.
Once we have the content, we go beyond words—wrapping marketing services such as media relations, social media management, graphic design and inbound marketing to impact the entirety of the conversation around our clients’ brands.
To learn about our values and what it’s like behind the curtain, spend a few minutes with our Culture Deck.
Your application has been successfully submitted.